Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
The program is valuable for those who have the responsibility of employee resourcing, employee development and employee relations activities. The diploma targets bachelor’s degree holders who seek additional knowledge and skills in the area of human resource management, as well as middle or senior managers who have a basic knowledge of human resource management activities but require advanced elaboration and clarification of those activities. The program is based on the premise that some participants have more experience than others. Therefore, course content and the teaching methodology are designed to accurately reflect the capabilities of participants.
The diploma is also accredited by the Egyptian Supreme Council of Universities, which is the authoritative approval body for higher education in Egypt.
• Human resource professionals who want to expand their knowledge to gain an academic perspective, in addition to their professional experience
• People who want to shift to human resources from other related or unrelated fields
• Managers who want to understand and develop their abilities in managing people
• Emphasize the ability to self-learn, self-assess and self-develop through supporting activities that would result in efficient and effective professionals by the end of the diploma
• Connect between professional HR management and broader strategic aims
• Identify and recognize key ethical and legal issues that affect HR practice in general
Pre-requisite for the program
Strategic Management Course
• Identify and use concepts of strategic thinking, and applying them in managing organizations
• Identify and take part in strategy formulation
• Set action plans for implementation
• Realize and understand the need for change and how to approach it
Recruitment and Selection
• Introduction to human resource management and strategic staffing
• Job competence analysis and workforce planning
• Employee recruitment, selection methods and techniques
• Employee retention and downsizing
Training and Development
• Training and developing employees
• Performance management and appraisal
• Managing careers
Compensation and Benefits
• Introduction to link the subject to the overall HR field and functions
• Establishing strategic pay plans
• Pay for performance and financial incentives
• Benefits and services
Employee and Labor Relations
• Laws affecting employee and labor relations
• Employee involvement strategy and quality work life
• Human resource policies, procedures, work rules and handbook
• Collective bargaining, collective labor agreement and litigation
• Methods of recruitment and contracting
• Employees rights and duties
Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
• Relationship between information technology, information systems and management of information systems
• Related human resource development applications
• Integration with core system
• Access of information and report extraction
The project integrates the objectives of the different modules through a practical approach that will allow participants to gain hands-on experience, which will lead to more effective implementation in their workplaces.
• A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum grade of “good” or a minimum grade point average of 2.3.
• For applicants who graduated from university with an overall grade of “pass,” two years of professional work experience is required.
• Applicants should pass the Standard English Proficiency Test (SEPT).
• AUC graduates and ExecEd alumni are exempted from the Standard English Proficiency Test.
• The program consists of 160 hours of instruction. Classes are conducted once a week for three hours per day.
• The maximum allowed duration for the diploma is three years
• A Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management will be granted to participants who successfully earn a minimum grade of 70 percent and attend a minimum of 80 percent of each course.
Accreditation is a proof of competence of the AUC School of Business Executive Education and proof of quality in the service being provided to the participants.
The AUC School of Business Executive Education (ExecEd) received accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET); an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a “reliable authority as to the quality of education or training provided by institutions of higher education and the programs they accredit” and the only recognized accrediting agency to be certified as an ISO 9001:2008-Quality Management System.
ACCET accreditation benefits to participants are:
- Affirming that ExecEd is a competent service provider and meets or exceeds international standards
- Ensure that participants are receiving a high quality and credible professional development program
- Indicate that there are appropriate protections in place for: privacy, staff competencies, high quality faculty members, supervision of instructors, current and up-to-standards curricula, handling complaints…etc.
- Award participants Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Enable participants to transfer their CEUs to another non-academic programs