|After the extraordinary events of January 25, Egypt is hoping for a better future. The School of Global Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) at The American University in Cairo is launched a new initiative to contribute actively to the development of Egypt in this critical transitional phase. The objective of the Building Better Egypt Initiative is to create awareness and promote broad debate among the Egyptian community around the changes and/or developments taking place in the political arena.
The initiative focuses on four main tracks:
• Managing the transition: Expectations and strategies
• Restarting competitive politics: Egypt’s new parties
• Ensuring media freedom: What is needed to protect freedom of the press
• Constitution reform: The referendum and the revolution
The initiative is made of four components;
1. Tahrir Dialogue and public events
2. Invitational and public policy workshops
3. Executive Education training workshops
4. Program management and student engagement
A word from our "Tahrir Dialogue" audience:
"What a great and very fruitful sessions and i always try never to miss any ,it really adds a lot to me and to our group (cultural &media lions club committee). It's time to do our best and to promote for great efforts from NGO's side in order to encourage our people to sanatch any free time to do something for the sake of our great people."
Mona El Saghir
For Tahrir Dialogue and public events, click here.