|The Professional Educator Diploma (PED) program is for educators, school owners, government supervisors and NGO educators who wish to improve themselves and their schools through studies focused on educational leadership and the education of early and adolescent learners. Participants also include those who wish to change careers and teach using their professional degree. The program is for those educators who want to make a difference in the educational system in Egypt. The diversity of students in the class allows for rich discussion and discoveries. Many educational reform concerns and initiatives are similar in private and public schools. The sharing of information and collaboration among participants is a big step to future sustained school improvement. Diversity is a strength of the program.
Facts on PED include:
- These three diplomas are accredited by Egypt’s Supreme Council of Universities and are automatically recognized by the Ministry of Education.
- These are the only such programs available in Egypt in English.
- Six courses can be completed in as little as 18 months.
- Curriculum based on the principles of best practices in teacher education, as identified by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation in the United States, as well as many reports, studies and standards on teacher education from around the world.
As a result of the early childhood and adolescent programs, teachers:
- Know the principles of human development, teaching, and learning.
- Recognize variations in how children and youth learn in formal and informal settings.
- Can utilize classroom technology in pedagogically productive ways.
- Are able to work effectively with colleagues, parents, and community partners to deliver high quality education.
- Can develop and utilize effective assessments in order to better understand what students know and can do.
- Adapt instruction so that all children and youth can learn.
As a result of the educational leadership program, the program participants:
- Become deeply knowledgeable of the same teaching and learning principles taught in the early childhood and adolescent programs.
- Learn strategies to become effective and engaging instructional leaders for their schools.
- Know how to effectively work with parents and community partners to deliver high quality instructional programs.
- Utilize resources in efficient and productive ways.
- Manage people respectfully and constructively.
Why do educators enroll in the Professional Educator Diploma programs?
- Teachers often become eligible for promotions in their schools.
- Many teachers and administrators become marketable for positions in other schools, both internationally and domestically.
- The Supreme Council of Universities in Egypt has granted equivalency status to the programs for automatic Ministry of Education recognition.
- These programs are high quality, based on international standards of student-centered and engaging pedagogy.
Teaching Early Years Learners
Teaching Adolescent Learners
|Admission and Registration Procedures
New Students Registration
Continuing Students Registration