Arabic Intensive Summer Program Has Gone Online
The Arabic Intensive Summer Program starting from June 9 to July 22 will be held online.
In light of the spread of coronavirus pandemic and unclear global precautionary measures of border closing that keep changing, the Department of Arabic Language Instruction (ALI) in compliance with the University’s diligent efforts to mitigate the virus spread, regrets the
cancellation of the Arabic Language Intensive Summer Program (ALIS) 2020 on Campus.
However, we are very pleased to reach out to students worldwide who are interested in studying
Arabic this summer by moving our ALIS program' course offerings online.
is pleased to offer the following online courses at three different levels
only: (elementary, Intermediate and either intermediate high or advanced) based on demand:
Deadlines and Important Dates
- Modern Standard Arabic: The language of the media, literature, science and formal fields of contemporary knowledge. (2 credit hours)
- Egyptian Spoken Arabic: The language of everyday interaction and daily living. (2 credit hours) Printed or aural media (1 credit)
- Writing (1 credit)
- Academic electives and supervised studies including translation, reading in the Qur’an, the Bible parables, (1 credit)
- Extracurricular online culture clubs led by native speakers. (songs, conversation, film) depending on level.
- Students receive six to eight credit hours in this program depending on their level; at $735 per credit hour*.
|Deadline for receiving applications
||May 1, 2020
|Deadline for placement exam**
||May 25, 2020
|Deadline for deposit ($2000)
||May 27, 2020
|Deadline for full payment
||June 15, 2020
|ALI Online Orientation
||June, 8, 2020
Any updates with regard to fees, will be included in the acceptance letters sent to students by the Admission Office. If you have already received an acceptance letter for the F2F program that has been cancelled, you will be receiving an updated letter once you let us let us know if you still want to follow our summer intensive courses online. If you want to follow the courses online and you have already applied, you do not need to reapply.
**Placement exam is obligatory except for complete beginners. Once you apply we advise you to take the placement test as soon as possible. The deadline for the placement exam for the summer is May 25. Upon completion of your placement exam and documents you will receive an acceptance letter within one week, if you are accepted, to proceed with down payment.
In case you miss these deadlines, you can still apply but your application will be put on the waiting list. Applications on the waiting list will be considered based on availability.
Looking forward to receiving your inquiries and/ or applications and welcoming you online to the program
Iman A. Soliman, ALIS director
tel. +2 01001633340
Sarah Abou El-Goukh, Program associate