Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
About the Center
In 2015, the School of Business launched the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI) as an evolution of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Program (EIP), established in 2010, in collaboration with different stakeholders from within, as well as outside of AUC. The center's focus is on promoting entrepreneurial education and capacity building opportunities, carrying out cutting-edge research on entrepreneurship in the Arab region, and supporting the growth of collaborative, entrepreneurial ecosystems geared towards economic growth and sustainable job creation in Egypt and the region at large.
Being one of the first entities in the Middle East to promote entrepreneurship, launch accelerators, support business, idea competitions, and connect the ecosystem, the School of Business and its Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is your destination for the entrepreneurship world.
International Case Competition
Entrepreneurship Summer Program
April 19 – 24, 2019
AUC New Cairo
This case-solving competition aims to blend a cross-cultural understanding of working with Egyptian students and entrepreneurs with a grasp of the Egyptian culture in a well-design process.
July 1 - 15, 2019
AUC New Cairo
A two-week intensive summer program for International Undergraduate students, to delve into the world of entrepreneurship. The program prepares students as they enter the employment market after graduation and encourages aspiring entrepreneurs to start their own businesses. Networking and the exchange of ideas are among a diverse cohort, is an integral element in this program. The program is built on interactive discussions, experiential learning, group activities, cases, and guest speakers.
Creating a world-class, high-impact entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystem that supports and invests in Egyptian entrepreneurs and innovators contributing to economic growth, employment and competitiveness, with the AUC Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the heart of this ecosystem.
- To create a broad and inclusive pipeline of entrepreneurs in Egypt through awareness, outreach and ideation activities, especially targeting youth and women
- To provide support to Egyptian entrepreneurs and innovators
- To support and build the capacity of ecosystem organizations and connect them locally and internationally
- To present evidence-based research to guide and influence policy-making and program-design among government, donors and ecosystem players
- To act as a hub for entrepreneurship and innovation activities, coordinating among AUC actors, the ecosystem in Egypt, as well as international actors
Ghada Hafez, Program Manager
Malika El Shibini