Call for Papers for Fall 2019 Publication
The Department of Political Science is pleased to announce the relaunching of its Quarterly Journal, Khamasin. We welcome submissions relating from various disciplines relating to political science and/or broadly concerned with the Middle East and North Africa.
Submissions should contain both original research and analysis, and are subject to a blind peer review process that maintains the anonymity of authors and reviewers.
Deadline for all submission proposals for publication in the Fall 2019 cycle is April 7, 2019, by 4:00 pm. Late proposals will be considered for the next cycle.
We accept the following types of submissions:
- Research Papers in the range of 4,000–6,000 words
- Book Reviews in the range of 2,500-3,000 words
- Political Film and/or Art Reviews in the range of 2,500-3,000 words
- Roundtables/Interviews in the range of 2,500-3,000 words
Authors should submit 1-page proposals in English for submission electronically to Dr. Shourideh C. Molavi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals will only be considered in Microsoft Word format, along with an email including the paper’s title, the authors’ name, and a 75-word abstract of the intended article.
Manuscripts submitted for consideration must not have been previously published elsewhere including online or as a working paper, in English or any other language.
Text and reference note style should conform to The Chicago Manual of Style. All manuscripts must use footnotes rather than endnotes or in-line citations.
Please address any questions regarding the submissions process to Dr. Shourideh C. Molavi.
Submission and Publication Schedule
- Deadline for all proposals: April 7, 2019
- Deadline for first submission draft by: May 30, 2019
- Blind peer review by: July 31, 2019
- Deadline for second submission draft: August 15, 2019
- Final round of edits by: August 31, 2019
- Publication: September 30, 2019