Egyptian Knowledge Bank
The Egyptian Knowledge Bank, launched in 2016, provides all Egyptian citizens and AUC non-Egyptian faculty/students with online access to quality research and educational resources (eBooks, periodicals & media) nationwide. The EKB includes a number of our previously subscribed databases, as well as providing new resources to the AUC community. Access problems regarding the latter should be reported to the library via the Eresources Problem Form.
The previously subscribed databases are currently accessible through our AUC Database A-Z list and marked accordingly.
Additional useful resources available via the EKB include:
- Arab World Research Complete
- Cambridge Near and Middle East Collection (10 titles)
- Cengage Learning e-textbooks
- Elsevier E-Textbooks
- Emerald products
- Nano Research solution
- National Geographic
- Palgrave Books
- Springer Ebooks
How to Register for the EKB
- Registration should take place from on the AUC Campus (for identifying AUC IP range)
- Follow this link: http://www.ekb.eg/register
- Faculty and students should register for the “Scientific Research & Higher Education” and click Next.
- Then select “University & Research Centers Staff Members” or “Univeristy Students” (depending on status) and click Next.
- A) For Egyptian nationals complete the required fields and hit Submit.
B) For non-Egyptian faculty and students at AUC, fill in the details and when you put your AUC email in the correct field this email will be verified by the EKB. Once verified the additional fields for your passport ID and country will appear. These are optional. Once all fields are complete, hit Next.
- You should receive an email to verify and provide you with a password.
If you are unable to login after this process, please contact eResources@aucegypt.edu
(provides helpful information)
Note: Technical support for additional EKB e-resources should be directed to the EKB technical support team via the following link.