Egyptian Knowledge Bank
Tarek Shawki, minister for education and technical education, signed agreements with prominent publishers to establish the Egyptian Knowledge Bank on January 23, 2016. This project provides all Egyptian citizens and AUC non-Egyptian faculty/students with online access to quality research and educational resources (books, periodicals and media) within Egypt. EKB includes a number of our previously subscribed databases, as well as providing new resources to the AUC community. Access problems regarding the latter should be reported to the library via the EResources Problem Form.
The previously subscribed databases are currently accessible through our AUC Database A-Z list and marked accordingly.
Additional useful resources available via the EKB include:
- Arab World Research Complete
- Springer Ebooks
- Emerald Emerging Markets Case Study
- Cengage Learning e-textbooks
- Emerald Business, Management and Economics eBooks
- Emerald Social Science eBooks
- Emerald Emerging Markets case study
- Elsevier E-Textbooks
- Nano Research solution
- Palgrave Books
- Wiley Online Books
How to Register for the EKB
- Follow this link: http://www.ekb.eg/register
- Faculty and students should register for the “Researchers Portal”:
- A) For Egyptian nationals complete the required fields and hit Submit.
B) For non-Egyptian faculty and students at AUC, fill in the same details, except when you put your AUC email in the correct field. This email will be verified by the EKB. Once verified the additional fields for your passport ID and country will appear. These are optional. Once all fields are complete, hit Submit.
4. You will receive an email to verify and provide you with a password.
5. Log in!
http://www.ekb.eg/en/web/guest/faq (provides helpful information)
Note: Technical support for additional EKB e-resources should be directed to the EKB technical support team via the following link: http://www.ekb.eg/contact-us.