Laptop Use Policy
Borrowers must be enrolled AUC students or faculty members and have a current AUC ID card. Their AUC ID card will be held by the circulation attendant until the laptop is returned.
- Students and faculty may check out laptops for use only in the library building only. Laptops may not leave the library building.
- Laptops/charges must not be left unattended at any time.
- Borrowers will be required to complete a Laptop Loan Agreement form accepting responsibility for any loss or damage to the laptop or charger, and costs of repair or replacement attributable to a borrower will be charged to that borrower.
Laptops circulate for three hours and may be renewed one time depending on the demand for the laptops.
User profile will remain for 48 hours before it is permanently removed. Users must save data on their own hard drive/USB memory stick, or send it by e-mail.
All laptops are due back at the circulation desk at least 30 minutes before laptop borrowing closing time, i.e 5:30 PM (see borrowing hours). Laptops not returned by the closing time will be considered lost or stolen.
Please use headphones (your own) to listen to audio from the laptop!
Fines and Charges
- Fines for failure to bring back a laptop on time accrue at 50 LE per hour or any part of the hour.
- Borrowers not returning laptops by the closing time will be fined 500 L.E.
- Damage will be based on actual repair costs plus a service charge of 250 L.E.
- The borrower must agree to pay the replacement cost according to the market price plus a service charge of 250 LE for lost or stolen laptop, and/or the market price plus a service charge of 50 LE for lost or stolen charger.
Approved by School Council Oct.16, 2018