Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery
The department provides materials that are not held by AUC libraries to faculty, researchers and students. It requests journal articles and book chapters from international libraries.
ILLiad is our document delivery web interface. It allows you to submit your requests, check their status and retrieve received articles.
You can request journal articles, book chapters (but not entire books), and other documents through your ILLiad account.
- You can order one article from the same journal issue and one chapter from a book.
- The library may only order five articles from the last five years of a single journal.
- Refer to the Library policy page LLT Policy on Copyright
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use this service?
All AUC faculty and staff members, currently enrolled students, alumni, and registered visitors.
What can be requested?
- We do not borrow books that must be returned. We only deal with non-returnable materials such as photocopies of journal articles, or chapters in books and conference proceedings subject to copyright law.
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses. If the full-text is not available, we can purchase it and the patron will be charged.
- Materials that the AUC Library owns will not be ordered unless they are lost or missing.
How much does it cost?
- No charges for faculty, graduate and undergraduate students, staff and alumni.
- Charges for visitors are LE 200 per article.
- ProQuest , the cost is equivalent to dollars paid in Egyptian pounds with the payment date exchange rate.
What is the turnaround time?
- Normal turnaround time is within one week, often in as little as two to three days.
- Requests that are difficult to fill may take more than two weeks.