Overseas researchers may be eligible for a three month membership and may apply online. Appointments are scheduled between Sunday and Thursday, from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm throughout the year.
Who is Eligible for Library Membership?
- Visiting faculty members from overseas institutions
- Registered graduate students from overseas international educational institutions
- Faculty members and graduate students of consortium member institutions such as:
- Access to the AUC Library facilities and collections
- Access to reference librarians and research assistance
- On-site access to AUC Library databases
- Use of document delivery and photocopy services (fee-based)
Please note: Short-term membership does not include borrowing or remote access to electronic resources.
- An up-to-date signed official letter of introduction from your university, or a letter signed by an AUC full time faculty member supporting your application and confirming your current status.
- OCLC and AMICAL faculty members and students should bring a valid ID card from their institutions, as per RLG and AMICAL rules.
- Your passport
- If accepted - the fee, currently $150 (paid in Egyptian pounds)
Please check the University calendar and the library hours before you arrive on campus. AUC and the library are closed to all users on official and University holidays.