Researchers in Egypt
Applications for researchers resident in Egypt are accepted and processed only on Saturdays during October and March from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Applications processed in October will be for 10 months (October to end of July), while applications processed in March will be for five months (March to end of July).
- The Saturday membership gives on-site access privileges. It does not include borrowing or remote access to electronic resources.
- Access to the AUC Library facilities and collections
- On-site access to AUC Library databases
- Use of document delivery and photocopy services (fee-based)
Note: Membership does not include borrowing or remote access to electronic resources.
Library IDs are issued only to members of national universities, as defined by the Supreme Council of Universities in Egypt.
- Registered students for postgraduate programs master’s or doctorate, who have completed their coursework, or faculty members with doctorates, currently employed at any of the institutions listed in the above link.
All applicants must bring the following on the day of registration:
- An up-to-date (dated, signed and stamped) official letter of introduction from your university’s postgraduate studies office, confirming your current status as a registered master’s and doctoral degree candidate or as a currently employed faculty member with a doctoral degree.
- Your national ID card plus a copy
- Registration fee (EGP 300) in cash (October to July)
- Registration fee (EGP 150) in cash (March to July)
Cards for accepted users in this group will be issued on Saturdays of October for the period of October to July and Saturdays of March for the period from March and July, and will allow the use of the library on Saturdays only.