Researchers in Egypt
*Effective October 7, 2017
Registration for researchers in Egypt for the current academic year 2017 - 2018 (October 7, 2017 - July 28, 2018) will be processed on the following Saturdays:
October 7, October 14, October 21 and October 28 from 9 am - 3 pm.
Note: You are requested to attend an orientation session on the same day of registration, therefore "leave your day free". If you come after 2 pm, you will be attending the orientation session on the following Saturday, hence you will receive your ID after the session.
• Membership is issued only to members of Egyptian national universities.
• Fill the online application form
• Bring an up-to-date (dated, signed and stamped) official letter of introduction from your university’s “Post Graduate Studies Office” confirming your current status as a registered master’s/doctoral degree candidate or as a current employed faculty member with a doctoral degree.
• Bring your national ID card
• Registration fee (October - July) is LE 300 in cash
Applications for researchers resident in Egypt are accepted and processed only on Saturdays during October and March from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Applications processed in October will be for 10 months (October to end of July), while applications processed in March will be for five months (March to end of July).
- The Saturday membership gives on-site access privileges. It does not include borrowing or remote access to electronic resources.
- Access to the AUC Library facilities and collections
- On-site access to AUC Library databases
- Use of document delivery and photocopy services (fee-based)
Please note: Membership does not include borrowing or remote access to electronic resources.
Library IDs are issued only to members of national universities, as defined by the Supreme Council of Universities in Egypt.
- Registered students for post graduate programs master’s or doctorate, who have completed their coursework, or faculty members with doctorates, currently employed at any of the institutions listed in the above link.
All applicants must bring the following on the day of registration:
- An up-to-date (dated, signed and stamped) official letter of introduction from your university’s postgraduate studies office, confirming your current status as a registered master’s and doctoral degree candidate or as a current employed faculty member with a doctoral degree.
- Your national ID card plus a copy
- Registration fee (LE 300) in cash (October to July)
- Registration fee (LE 150) in cash (March to July)
Cards for accepted users in this group will be issued on Saturdays of October
for the period of October to July and Saturdays of March for the period from March and July, and will
allow use of the library on Saturdays only.