External Users Inquiries
**Effective March 4, 2017
Registration for Researchers in Egypt for half the academic year will be processed on the following March Saturdays:
March 4, 11, 18 and 25 starting at 9:30 am and ending at 4:00 pm
Note: You are requested to attend an orientation session on the same day of registration, therefore, you will need to make sure to leave your day free of any other activities. If you come after 2 pm, you will be attending the orientation session on the following Saturday, hence you will receive your ID and use the library after the session.
- Membership is issued only to members of Egyptian national universities.
- Fill the online application form and attach all required documents.
- Bring the up-to-date (dated, signed and stamped) official letter of introduction from your university’s “Post Graduate Studies Office” confirming your current status as a registered master’s/doctoral degree candidate or as a current employed faculty member with a doctoral degree.
- Bring your national ID card.
- Registration fee (March-July) is LE 150 in cash
The AUC Library exists to support the teaching and research programs of the University. Our staff members, space and resources are limited and our priority is to serve the AUC community. Beyond this, our goal is to serve as a resource for specialized interests only when our collections meet a specific research need.
Researchers in Egypt (Apply Online)
Overseas Researchers (Apply Online)
Policies and Guidelines
AUC Libraries welcome academic visitors. Faculty members and departments guest(s) are warmly encouraged to invite their on-site guests for a tour of the AUC Library and its special exhibits.
For scheduled visits, an advance notice should be sent to the library via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For unexpected visits, the guest and their host should report to the security guard at the library's main entrance, who will call a member of the external users staff to obtain approval for entry.
External users who plan to use the library extensively must apply for a user card and pay applicable fees. See the AUC Library External Users Policy for more information.
Hours: Sunday through Thursday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Alumni and overseas researchers should come before 2 pm.