Digital Humanities at AUC
AUC is embracing Digital Humanities as an innovative pedagogical and research tool. The Digital Humanities Program at the AUC’s School of Libraries and Learning Technologies is conceived as a support center for the entire scholarly community at AUC.
It aims to provide AUC faculty and researchers with the necessary tools and training to plan and implement successful DH projects, to foster new research, and to enhance the teaching and learning process. The Digital Humanities Program also assists graduate and undergraduate students in the humanities in designing their projects using a wide range to of specialized tools.
Interested? Please look at our current projects, or contact us.
The Program’s goals are to:
- Promote DH research and encourage the use of cutting-edge digital tools in the field of humanities.
- Empower and support faculty, students and researchers to explore new possibilities to enhance their research endeavors.
- Connect scholars across different disciplines and support collaborative endeavors in digital scholarship, fostering interdisciplinary approaches.
- Encourage and stimulate research, investigating previously unexplored areas in humanities disciplines.
- Incorporate new digital tools in the teaching and learning process through the use of innovative and efficient pedagogical digital tools.
- Encourage experimentation and creativity as DH is a playful, dynamic and experimental research field.
- Engage students in digital research and scholarship, encouraging the “students as researchers” pedagogy.
- Preserve cultural heritage and help disseminate knowledge and culture to the widest possible audience.
- Establish collaborations with national and international partners in the field of humanities.