Search in Arabic
How to Search and Display Arabic Script
in the AUC Libraries' Catalog
How do I enter an Arabic script
search into the online catalog?
- In the online library catalog, your cursor must be in the search box in
order to enter an Arabic script search.
- To key Arabic script into the search box, press the "ALT" + RIGHT "SHIFT"
keys, and then type your search.
- To switch back to English searching, press the "ALT" + LEFT "SHIFT" keys.
Why can't I see the Arabic script
- Your browser probably does not have the proper view setting.
- Make sure the ENCODING (in Internet Explorer) or the CHARACTER CODING (in
Netscape) is set to "Unicode (UTF-8)". Pull down the menu under VIEW and click
on the setting for Unicode
What can I search using Arabic
- You can search for AUTHORS, TITLES,and KEYWORD in the AUC online catalog, using Arabic
- The catalog is not bilingual; searches in Arabic will ONLY display
records for Arabic language items in the catalog that have Arabic AUTHOR, TITLE
- Note: To search for Arabic journal titles using Arabic script please search
in title only, not journal title search
- If you continue to have problems please contact email@example.com or call the
Library's Automated Systems
office at 2797-6906, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., for assistance.