Read the below requirements carefully
As part of its mission, the School of Continuing Education (SCE) serves the Egyptian society, through extending the resources of The American University in Cairo (AUC) to Egypt.
To that end, SCE offers a limited number of scholarships to Egyptian youth of all governorates except Cairo and Giza governorates who are graduates with limited financial resources, who are graduates of national universities (only Arabic section of Faculty of Commerce, Law and Economics and Political Science are eligible to apply) to study in one of the following SCE's Career Certificate programs:
- Human Resources Management
- Sales Management
- Legal and UN translation Diploma
These scholarships are offered on a yearly basis. The applicant’s socio-economic status, commitment to study, and the Bachelor's graduation score are considered. The duration of the scholarship should not exceed one year (July 2019 – June 2020).
- Applicants must be Egyptian citizens
- Applicants should not exceed the age of 25 by July 1, 2019
- Applicants must have earned a Bachelor's degree with a minimum score of Very Good (Gayed Gedan)
- Applicants must be ineligible for military service throughout the duration of the scholarship
- Applicants should not have studied any career certificate at the School of Continuing Education or benefited from any AUC/SCE scholarship before
- Passing the Standardized English Proficiency Test (SEPT) "click here" with the required score of level B1A for Career Certificates "click here"
- Passing the Standardized English Proficiency Test (SEPT) "click here" with the required score of level B2A for Translation Diplomas "click here"
- Passing the Arabic Proficiency Test (APT) "click here"
Please register for the SEPT (and) APT from March 1, 2019 – April 15, 2019
Please visit any of our locations for registration from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (except Fridays and Saturdays):
- AUC Tahrir Square: 24 El Falaki Street, Bab El Louk, Cairo, Egypt (One Stop Shop)
- AUC New Cairo: Dr and Mrs Elias Hebeka Building, Entrance Gate 1 (Visitors Gate), New Cairo, Egypt (One Stop Shop)
- A paragraph of about 250 words of your social status (Arabic or English). Please write the paragraph on a word document before you paste it on the online application. The paragraph should include:
- Introduction about yourself (name, age, university, marital status, employed or unemployed)
- A brief about your parents and their employment status and income
- A brief about your siblings, if any and their current education and employment status
Please prepare the following documents before applying online:
- Copy of National ID
- Copy of the national IDs of the parents
- Official Statement of the family monthly income: جواب من جهة العمل/المعاشات يفيد دخل الأسرة
- HR letter of yourself if employed
- HR letter of both of your parents. If they are retired, submit a document from هيئة التأمين والمعاشات
- Copy of the Military Service Status (for male applicants)
- Copy of the Graduation Certificate
- Copy of the SEPT Score (B1A) at least for Career Certificates
- Copy of the SEPT Score (B2A) at least and (APT) Score for Legal & UN Translation certificate
- Recent Personal Photo
Once you submit the documents, you cannot resubmit.
All applicants have to pay for their Standardized English Proficiency Test (SEPT) and Arabic Proficiency Test (APT). Only those selected candidates will be reimbursed.
Click here for the scholarship application form
For more information, please click here to fill in the form