Read the below requirements carefully
As part of its mission, the School of Continuing Education (SCE) serves the Egyptian society, through extending the resources of The American University in Cairo (AUC) to Egypt.
To that end, SCE offers a limited number of scholarships to Egyptian youth, with limited financial resources, who are graduates of national universities and the following is information about the Career Certificates and Translation Diplomas offered in the scholarship:
- Human Resources Management
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Administration
- Sales Management
- Professional Public Relations
- Professional Conference and Event Management
- Strategic Procurement Management
- Logistics Management
- Legal and UN translation Diploma
- Media and Literacy Translation
These scholarships are offered on a yearly basis. The applicant’s socioeconomic status is considered. The duration of the scholarship does not exceed one year (July 2017 – June 2018).
- Applicants should not exceed the age of 28 by July, 1 , 2017
- Non SCE career certificate learners/holders are eligible to apply for the SCE Scholarship
- Passing the Arabic Proficiency Test (APT) "click here" for translation diploma applicants (Certificates number 10 and 11)
- Passing the Standardized English Proficiency Test (SEPT) "click here" with the required score of level B1A "click here".
Please register for the SEPT and APT in any of the below dates:
- March 29, 2017
- April 1, 2017
- April 2, 2017
- April 4, 2017
- April 8, 2017
Please visit any of our locations for registration:
- AUC Tahrir Square Campus: 24 El Falaki Street, Bab El Louk, Cairo, Egypt (One Stop Shop)
- AUC New Cairo Campus: Dr. and Mrs. Elias Hebeka Building, Entrance Gate 1 (Visitors Gate), New Cairo, Egypt (OneStop Shop)
- A paragraph of about 150 words of your social status (Arabic or English). Please write the paragraph on a word document before you paste it on the online application. The Paragraph should include:
- Introduction about yourself (Name, age, university, marital status, employed or unemployed ..etc )
- If you are not married, write a brief statement about your parents and their income.
- If you are married, write a brief statement about your spouse and his/her income.
- A brief statement about your children/siblings (how many sisters/brothers do you have and their current status)
Please prepare the following documents before applying online:
- Copy of National ID
- Copy of recent electricity bill
- Official Statement of the family monthly income: جواب من جهة العمل/المعاشات يفيد دخل الأسرة
- If you are married, submit an HR letter for yourself and your spouse.
- If you are not married and employed, submit an HR letter for yourself as well as your parents.
- If you are not married and unemployed, submit an HR letter for both of your parents. If they are retired submit a document from هيئة التأمين والمعاشات
- Copy of the Military Service Status (for male applicants)
- Copy of the Graduation Certificate
- Copy of the SEPT Score (B1A and above)
- Personal Photo
Please note that once you submit our documents, you can’t resubmit.
Click here for the scholarship application form
All applicants have to pay for their Standardized English Proficiency Test (SEPT). Only those selected candidates will be reimbursed.