Professional Diploma in English Language Teaching
The Professional Diploma in English Language Teaching is a 210-hour program in teacher training that provides practical knowledge and skills in English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teaching and learning principles as well as designing EFL material and assessment tools. Learners get to practice in a real class and receive direct feedback from their trainers. Graduates of the SCE-FELT will be able to join the diploma three courses directly. Fresh trainees will need to join the FELT then enroll in the diploma courses.
- Bachelor's degree in any field.
- Applicants must obtain the score for course ENGGB2A on the SEPT.
- Passing ENGGB1D does NOT in itself qualify learners to apply for FELT.
- Good knowledge of the PC applications (Microsoft Office – Word and PowerPoint) and ability to use the Internet.
1- Certificate of Achievement in Fundamentals of English Language Teaching**
Fundamentals of English Language Teaching**
- Language learning practice and theory
- Teaching methods and classroom management
- Teaching integrated skills
- Classroom assessment
- Teacher autonomy
2- Professional Diploma in English Language Teaching
** Learners who completed the Certificate of Achievement in the Fundamentals of English Language Teaching for a period of more than one year are required to get a proof of practicing English language teaching or will be required to sit for the SEPT again.
Diploma CEUs: 21 (Each Continuing Education Unit equals 10 contact hours)
Trainees are assessed throughout the term by assignments (lesson plans, observation tasks, practical teaching practice and written reflections) and a written exit test. The final grade is, therefore, an accumulation of continuous and achievement assessments, for which the minimum accepted score is 70 percent. While absence does not influence the grade, it does influence the performance of the trainees.