Media and Audiovisual Translation
The professional diploma in Media and Audiovisual Translation aims to equip learners with the knowledge and skills needed for pursuing a career in media and audiovisual translation.
Each course in the diploma is designed to offer the opportunity for learners to practice authentic translation in the following media fields: newspapers, audiovisual, and subtitling from English into Arabic and vice versa.
1- Foundation Certificate in Translation and Interpreting**
- Applicant must pass the Standardized English Proficiency Test (SEPT) and scores course ENGGB2A
- Applicants who score ENGGB1C from SEPT or passing ENGGB1B must take English for Translators SLET 101 60 hours
- Applicants must pass the Arabic Proficiency Test (APT) a minimum grade of 80
- Applicants who do not pass the APT must take the Arabic grammar ARBF 101 course
- Applicants must have basic computer literacy
2- Professional Diploma in Media and Audiovisual Translation
- Bachelor Degree
- Completion of Foundation Certificate in Translation and Interpreting
|*One continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours
** Learners who completed a foundation certificate or AUC continuing education certificate are required to sit for the SEPT if they dropped out for a period of one year or more from the date of completing the certificate.
- Successful completion of 18 CEUs
- Learners are assessed throughout the term by tests, quizzes, assignments, projects or other means of evaluation. End-of-term achievement tests measure learners’ overall performance in the course. The final grade in each course is based on learners’ performance on continual assessment measures and the final test. Final course grades are not based on attendance since, in accordance with SCE’s attendance policy, learners must attend at least 75 percent of the class sessions in order to be allowed to take the final examination