The professional diploma in Simultaneous Interpreting aims at developing learners’ interpreting competencies, including public speaking and conference interpreting. Moreover, it widens their scope of current events around the globe and builds on their repertoire of terminology used in various areas and fields of interpreting. It trains learners on booth interpreting, skills necessary for consecutive interpreting in conferences and on-site interpreting. It enhances learners’ techniques and strategies to overcome challenges likely to arise.
1- Foundation Certificate in Translation and Interpreting**
- Applicant must pass the Standardized English Proficiency Test (SEPT) and scores course ENGGB2A.
- Applicants who score ENGGB1C from SEPT or passing ENGGB1B must take English for Translators SLET 101 60 hours.
- Applicants must pass the Arabic Proficiency Test (APT).
- Applicants who do not pass the APT must take the Arabic grammar ARBF 101 course.
- Applicants must have basic computer literacy.
2- Professional Diploma in Simultaneous Interpreting
- Bachelor Degree.
- Applicants must pass SCMM B1 3 or score in Oral SEPT score SCMMB2 1.
- Applicants who score SCMM B1 2 in Oral SEPT or pass SCMM B1 1, must take English for Interpreters SLEI 101 (60 hours).
|*One continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours
** Learners who completed a foundation certificate or AUC continuing education certificate are required to sit for the SEPT if they dropped out for a period of one year or more from the date of completing the certificate.
- Successful completion of 18 CEUs
- Learners are assessed throughout the term by tests, quizzes, assignments, projects or other means of evaluation. End-of-term achievement tests measure learners’ overall performance in the course. The final grade in each course is based on learners’ performance on continual assessment measures and the final test. Final course grades are not based on attendance, since in accordance with SCE’s attendance policy, learners must attend at least 75 percent of the class sessions in order to be allowed to take the final examination.