Translation and Interpreting
Foundation Certificate in Translation and Interpreting (FCTI)**
The certificate is a four-course program that raises language and intercultural consciousness. This is done through rigorous exercises, spanning linguistic and cultural aspects of the translation process.
- Applicants must pass the Standardized English Proficiency Test (SEPT) and score course ENGGB1A or passing ENGGA2D.
- Applicants must pass the Arabic Proficiency Test (APT)
- Applicants who do not pass the APT must take the Arabic grammar course.
- Applicants must have basic computer literacy
Learners are assessed throughout the term by tests, quizzes, assignments, projects or other means of evaluation. End-of-term achievement tests measure learners’ overall performance in the course. The final grade in each course is based on each participant’s performance on continuous assessments and the final test. Final course grades are not based on attendance, since in accordance with the SCE’s attendance policy, learners must attend at least 75 percent of the class sessions in order to be allowed to take the final examination.
*Continuing Education Unit equals 10 contact hours.
** Learners who completed a Foundation certificate or AUC continuing education certificate are required to sit for the SEPT if they dropped out for a period of one year or more from the date of completing the certificate.
- Successful completion of 12 CEUs