Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the purpose of the Aptitude Assessment for Architecture (AAA)?
Since the study of architecture relies on cognitive and learning skills, the purpose of the AAA is to assess the readiness of the candidate with respect to free-hand drawing, analysis and imagination, in advance of acceptance to the Department of Architecture
- How often is it offered?
The test dates and times are determined by the Office of Enrollment and Student Services.
- Can I take it more than once?
- How should I prepare for it?
You don’t need to prepare or take any preparation courses. The University will provide all materials and supplies.
- What are the contents of the assessment?
Two Parts-Part One: multiple choice questions to test the analytical and imagination capabilities (45min), Part Two: free-hand drawing (60 min)
- When can I learn of my acceptance to the Department of Architecture?
You will be informed by the Office of Enrollment and Student Services by email.
- What if I don’t get accepted?
If you are accepted at The American University in Cairo as “undeclared," you should take specific courses relevant to the acceptance in architecture. Your acceptance will be determined by your grade GPA in these courses.
- Which email address to use for all other questions?
- How can I learn more about the Department of Architecture at AUC?
Please check our webpage.